Welbeck Abbey Brewery is a microbrewery based in North Nottinghamshire. The team of 9 employees brew, sell and direct deliver around 16,000 pints of real ale a week to pubs and specialist shops within a 35 mile radius.
The brewery has a proven track record for exceptional quality of both product quality and customer service. These are standards we are proud of and must be upheld regardless of the level of growth.
The General Manager is responsible for both the strategic direction of the business and its day to day operational management. The aim is to continue to grow market share in a sustainable and profitable way. Doing so while maintaining the brand position around the top levels of quality and being consistent with the message of the parent company.
The General Manager is responsible for gaining new customers, and for the operational running of the delivery team. The Head Brewer works closely with the General Manager to run the Brewhouse.
Your key responsibilities as Interim General Manager will include:
- Being the key decision maker and leader within the team, striving for excellence and efficiency in all day to day working
- Troubleshooting from production through to sales and dispatch
- Providing excellent customer service, and supporting the sales team
- Managing stock, products, and beer duty on a daily basis
- Working with the accounts team to manage debtors
- Working with the creative director to develop new products, enter competitions, and generate press releases.
- Working with the Head Brewer to ensure mandatory food hygiene and health and safety standards are met
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
- Organising any events on or off site
- Closely managing the new Tap Room at Rufford Abbey ensuring smooth operation by the team
- Holding full P&L responsibility, working to a budget, and assisting the accounts team in writing the budget 2020-2021 (T/O 2020 estimated at £750,000)
- Ensuring products are produced at the right time in the right quantities and at the right cost to meet customer’s needs and P&L requirements
- Developing the staff team through any recruitment required and the implementation of the brewery training programme
- Championing the sustainable development agenda as we aim to have a more positive impact on the environment around us
Your ideal background:
- Experience in food or drink manufacturing, with a background ideally in brewing or hospitality
- Proven General Management Experience in a relevant setting
- Strong Health & Safety and food hygiene experience
- Strong and proven leadership capability particularly with development of small teams
- Excellent IT skills and experience using a stock management, CRM system or similar, with a positive attitude to using new technologies
- Strong business acumen, understanding priorities and functional requirements
- Decisiveness, independence and resilience, with the ability to act quickly in both a reactive and proactive manner
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on; management by example will be key
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate events and exceptional circumstances may be required
- A passion for beer, particularly real ale, is essential!
Please submit your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Recruitment@Welbeck.co.uk