We are currently looking to recruit a Sales Development Rep to join our growing team. It’s an exciting time to be part of Welbeck Abbey Brewery, and we are currently embarking on an upgrade and expansion project to both increase the volume of beer which we can produce, and enable production of a wider range of beer styles.
15 hours per week to start as soon as possible (usually Monday and Tuesday).
The two guiding principles which underpin our brewery are to produce the best quality beer in the market, and provide our customers with exemplary service every time. The team currently produces around 12,000-15,000 pints of hand crafted real ale per week, which we supply into pubs, restaurants and specialist bottle beer shops within a 35 mile radius.
You won’t see our bottles in supermarkets as we believe that our top-quality, hand crafted ales should only be available outlets which pride themselves on sourcing the best quality, locally produced beers. We also only deal with selected wholesalers who supply similar outlets under the same ethos.
The role comes with a great opportunity to shape the growth of the brewery as we are seeking a like-minded individual who understands our approach to sales and supply, and who can increase the number of customers within a targeted area. If you are enthusiastic about locally produced food and drink, and have the desire to really drive forward a small business, you may be just the person we are seeking.
The daily role will include:
• Seeking potential new cask and keg beer customers within our target area
• Completing sales to these outlets, working to specific profit margins
• Completing some daily sales calls, however the majority of these relationships will be managed by the General Manager
• Developing and maintaining relationships with both cask and bottle wholesalers, with a view to pushing the bottled beer sales in particular
• Travelling to new and existing customers to promote the brand and increase sales
• Working with other team members to develop POS items, and establish sales priorities on a week-by-week basis
• Working to KPIs and reporting on these to the General Manager
Candidates should have:
• Good knowledge of the beer sector, preferably with relevant industry experience
• Extensive experience in a sales role
• Good knowledge and experience of using CRM systems (Brewman)
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience of working to and reporting on KPIs
• Be a confident driver with a clean licence
• Be comfortable working alone and as part of the team
If you would like to apply for this post, please submit your CV and salary expectations by Friday 23 February to Becky.Cartlidge@welbeck.co.uk